Impact of COVID19 on Executive/Director Compensation Plans
July 2 2020 18:00 - 19:00 UTC
Determining both executive officer and board compensation is often the responsibility of the Compensation Committee. When we are in the midst of a crisis such as COVID 19, being strategic with both executive and board compensation becomes even more important.
In this session, we will discuss both executive and director compensation trends and how compensation programs may be impacted by this crisis. We will provide a breakdown of the various components included in both executive and director compensation and provide alternatives that many companies are considering during these trying times. For executives we will focus on both cash-based and equity-based incentive plans and for directors we will include information on both cash and equity including retainers, per meeting fees, committee fees, and chair fees. In addition, we will cover Compensation Committee best practices and how the responsibilities of the compensation committee may change or increase due to this crisis.
Key Session Takeaways:
- Compensation Strategies to consider during the COVID-19 crisis.
- Annual Cash Incentives/Bonuses – Plan design considerations and best practices, payout amounts, and how plans may be altered for 2020
- Long-Term Incentives/Equity Awards – Types of vehicles, prevalence, and how grants may be adjusted for 2020
- Board Compensation – Provide data on typical cash fees, retainers, equity grants and benefits and how compensation may be adjusted in 2020
- Compensation Committee – Review duties and responsibilities of typical committee and how these may change during this crisis
Target Audience: Board of Directors, Compensation Committees, CEO, CFO, and Human Resources
• Prerequisites: N/A • Advanced Preparations: N/A
• Course Level: Basic • Group Internet Based Training
CBANC Network is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.NASBARegistry.org.
- Business Impact
Impact of COVID19 on Exec and Director Comp Plans - CBANC Webinar - July 2020.pdfAttendees Only
Purchase this webinar to access it on demand.