Think Straight to Decide Right: Introduction to Critical Thinking
May 26 2020 16:00 - 17:00 UTC
- Every day we deal with issues and hope to resolve them correctly, quickly, and cheaply.
- To do so means we need to be able to sort the immediate and important issues from the less urgent and less critical problems.
- That means we ought to identify the problem, gather the information and data, explore solutions, select the most likely answer and implement it.
- But our analysis, evaluation, and decision process can be distorted by various cognitive biases.
- In this session, you will learn how to prioritize issues and problems, resolve an issue or solve a problem logically and mitigate possible biases that sometimes make it hard to think straight.
3 Learning Objectives
- Identify and prioritize the most urgent and critical issues and problems
- Employ the scientific method to analyze, evaluate and implement solutions
- Mitigate cognitive biases that might interfere with or distort your interpretation of or resolution to a given problem or issue
• Prerequisites: N/A • Advanced Preparations: N/A
• Course Level: Basic • Group Internet Based Training
CBANC Network is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.NASBARegistry.org.
- Peer Analysis
Intro to Critical Thinking_05262020.pdfAttendees Only
Purchase this webinar to access it on demand.