[Free] Combating Human Trafficking
October 8 2020 18:00 - 19:00 UTC
This is a complimentary educational event brought to you by Verafin. Space is limited so please register to reserve your seat.
Financial institutions and investigators can play a critical role in the fight against human trafficking — to follow the money to uncover perpetrators and protect potential victims of this heinous crime.
Human trafficking has proven to be a complex and challenging problem for investigators to solve. At Verafin, we have worked directly with advocates, investigators, and law enforcement to gain a crucial understanding of the key financial indicators of this crime.
Join us for this educational webinar to learn about the scale of modern slavery, human trafficking typologies and financial indicators, as well as considerations for institutions in investigating and reporting potential trafficking activity.
Highlights of this webinar include:
- A discussion of the scale of modern slavery and trafficking in persons globally, and in North America.
- A review of industry advisories, red flag indicators, and human trafficking typologies.
- An overview of the role of financial institutions in investigating and reporting human trafficking to law enforcement.
• Prerequisites: N/A • Advanced Preparations: N/A
• Course Level: Basic • Group Internet Based Training
CBANC Network is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.NASBARegistry.org.
Purchase this webinar to access it on demand.