Analyzing Tax Returns – Qualifying More Borrowers
June 16 2020 18:00 - 19:30 UTC
Guessing at income doesn’t work! It is a disservice to consumers, it slows turn-times, affects profitability and can hurt company brand and originator’s reputation. Gaining the skills to calculate income and structure loan transactions is the difference between disappointing customers and real estate agents and getting to the closing table.
This session reviews:
- Understand how tax law affects underwriting
- Changes to taxable income and removal of deductible expenses
- Identifying sources of income
- Earned income vs other forms of income
- Individual income vs business income
- 1040 vs 1065, 1120s
- Items of importance for ability to repay
- Trending, sources, stability
- Qualifying income from wages, partnerships and corporations
- Why K-1s are needed
This webinar will dramatically increase the skills needed to determine qualifying income and the philosophy behind how we differentiate qualifying income from taxable income.
• Prerequisites: N/A • Advanced Preparations: N/A
• Course Level: Basic • Group Internet Based Training
CBANC Network is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.NASBARegistry.org.
- Real Estate
- Tax Reporting
Analyzing Tax Returns For Qualifying Income COVID UPDATE 06-15-20.pdfAttendees Only
Purchase this webinar to access it on demand.