Marijuana and Banking: What Everyone Needs to Know
September 12 2017 18:00 - 19:00 UTC
Most financial institutions don't bank marijuana...or at least believe they don't. As a result, most banking and compliance professionals know little about the quickly growing marijuana industry, which inherently puts them at risk. Those most at risk include institutions that believe that their FI has decided against working with marijuana-related businesses, or those residing in states where the legitimate business stream is not yet an option.
Steven Kemmerling of MRB Monitor presents an educational primer that will shed more light on an industry that has the potential to leave your institution vulnerable, as well as the current events affecting marijuana today.
In this session he will cover the following:
- A useful definition of “Marijuana-Related Business”
- A current summary of the marijuana industry
- Estimated size and growth
- Relevant Federal and banking laws
- Federal marijuana banking guidance and bills
- Overview of marijuana banking
- Ongoing impact of Trump administration
- Why all of this matters to you – what you need to understand to (1) not unknowingly bank MRBs and (2) if you’re considering banking MRBs
CBANC Education.Marijuana and Banking.MRB Monitor.2017.09.12.pdfDOWNLOAD
CBANC Education.Handout.MRB Definitions.MRB Monitor.20170912.pdfAttendees Only
Purchase this webinar to access it on demand.