Internal Audit after COVID19: Remaining Relevant Amidst Pandemic
August 21 2020 16:00 - 17:00 UTC
COVID-19 has resulted in business redesign and unfortunately Internal Audit groups everywhere are facing budget cuts, remote auditing, virtual communication and more impacts to their work. Because they are a cost center and not a revenue generator there is real risk that staffs can be reduced and work narrowly focused on low level risk items. It is a difficult time and internal audit must be prepared to demonstrate their value to the organization and adapt to new challenges facing them.
This webinar will address the four key challenges facing Internal Audit today and provide answers to each one. With real answers to each challenge, the audit team can leverage good work into contributions that help the business manage the landscape of the pandemic through proactive and creative ways to contribute to the business. Participants will discover how to address budget cut back, learn techniques of virtual communications, leverage emerging risks into new audit plans and how to engage with the Audit Committee to ensure the teams contribution is valued. Specifically we will discuss:
- Challenges Facing Internal Audit including Budget Cuts, Remote Auditing and Virtual Communication.
- Solutions to each challenge: Cost Save Auditing, Consultative work, collaboration, data driven auditing, audit committee support
- Listing of emerging risk areas so teams can adjust their plans
- How to convert staff skills into collaborative audit processes
- Projects that Internal Audit can lead that saves money and manages risk
• Prerequisites: N/A • Advanced Preparations: N/A
• Course Level: Basic • Group Internet Based Training
CBANC Network is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.NASBARegistry.org.
- Internal Audit
Purchase this webinar to access it on demand.